Do you create social media videos? Take selfies? Record video or photos while skiing, surfing, biking, running, driving, or playing any type of sport? DJI has you covered with the Osmo Action 4K Camera. This compact action cam sports a powerful 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor and a wide f/2.8 lens in a pint-sized package, allowing you to record professional high-resolution video wherever the action is.
The Osmo Action is loaded with a wide range of high-resolution features within its tiny frame. It supports up to 4K60 HDR video recording, captures slow-motion video at rates up to 1080p240, utilizes DJI’s RockSteady Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), and can also operate in time-lapse and hyperlapse modes. Still images can be captured in up to 12MP resolution in raw or JPG format, and when you rotate the camera 90° when taking stills, it will automatically change to Portrait mode. When recording in 4K30 format you can take advantage of the camera’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) support, and it features a wide dynamic range to ease transitions between light and dark. All stills and video are saved to a microSD card in a slot that supports microSD/SDHC/SDXC cards with a minimum of 30 Mb/s write speed and a maximum 256GB capacity.
This pocket-sized camera somehow manages to fit not only one, but two displays on its tiny frame. The back 2.25″ 16:9 display has a crisp 640 x 360 resolution that covers the entire back of the unit. The front 1.4″ 320 x 320 square display sits right next to the lens and allows you to preview your image while you’re in the action or taking selfies. Both displays feature touchscreen control, saving precious housing space from those pesky old-fashioned buttons. In order to avoid accidentally pressing anything on the touchscreen while shooting, there is a handy screen locking switch on the side of the housing. The Osmo Action can also be controlled via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi from an iOS or Android smartphone using the DJI Mimo app.
- Compact action camera with 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor and wide f/2.8 lens that records up to 4K60p HDR video and 12MP photos.
- Capture up to 12MP raw and JPEG photos; record up to 4K60p or 1080p240 H.264 MOV or MP4 video at up to 100 Mb/s; supports slow-motion, hyperlapse, and time-lapse modes.
- Crisp 2.25″ touchscreen display on back with 640 x 360 resolution; additional 320 x 320 resolution display on front.
- DJI’s RockSteady Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) technology stabilizes footage in standard record modes with 18-22% crop factor. RockSteady is enabled in all video modes except in slow-motion, hyperlapse, or time-lapse mode.
- Slow-motion mode records up to 240 fps; maximum ISO is 3200.
- Supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) video recording in 4K30p.
- Durable enough to withstand drops from 5′ and can be submerged down to 36′ in water without a case for up to 30 minutes.
- Charge to 70% in 30 minutes with a separately available fast-charging adapter.
- Records to microSD/SDXC/SDHC cards, UHS-I compatible cards with 30 MB/s write speed or higher recommended.
- Connect with the Mimo app on iOS or Android smartphones using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.